Working Papers (New York)
Updated August 9, 2021
- New York Working Papers are available through the high school guidance department.
- Summer hours - Working papers are prepared Monday - Thursday from 7:30 a.m - 2:00 p.m., and Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- School year hours - Applications must be dropped off prior to the start of the school day, during lunch periods or after dismissal until 3:00pm.
- Please allow 1 - 2 days for processing of working papers
For more information about Working Papers, check the NY State Working Papers site. Two types of working papers are issued depending upon the age of the student:
- Blue Working Permit Card - For students between the ages of 14 and 15
- Green Working Permit Card - For students between the ages of 16 and 17. (Once you reach the age of 16, a new application is required for a green working permit card).
Students must bring the 2 part Application for NYS Working Papers and all required documents with them to apply. Please use the links below to download the forms. Then be sure to read the Working Papers Instructions below carefully.
If you change employers or misplace your working permit, you may visit the Guidance Office for a duplicate card.
Please read these instructions carefully before completing the application:
- Failure to complete form requirements will delay receipt of working permit card.
- Use ONLY blue or black ink. NO pencils.
- Do not fold the application.
- Social Security cards are no longer needed.
- STUDENT MUST BE PRESENT TO PICK UP WORKING PERMIT CARD. STUDENT SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED.
Students are responsible for completing the following:
Download and print the Physical Fitness Certification Form (NY State Form A-16)
- Student must complete student name, complete address - including house number, street name, city, state and zip code
- Student must complete date of birth and gender
Part A and Part B needs to be completed by either the student's private physician or the Washingtonville Central School District Health Office.
- If using a private physician, the form MUST include the date of the physical, the physician's signature and the physician's stamp.
- If the school Health Office is completing the form, the student must have an updated physical on file in the health office.
- The student is responsible for requesting that Part A or Part B be completed by visiting the Health Office and arranging for the form to be done.
Download and print the APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE FORM (NY State Form AT-17)
Part 1 - Parental Consent
- PLEASE COMPLETE PART 1 ONLY with the student's name, age, complete home address (including house number, street name, city, state, and zip code) and the parent's signature.
- Birth certificates are necessary ONLY if the student is NOT a student of Washingtonville Central School District.
When the form is fully completed:
- The completed form can be dropped off in the Guidance Office prior to the start of the school day, during lunch periods or after dismissal until 3:00pm.
- Working permit cards that have been prepared can be picked up prior to the start of the school day, during lunch periods or after dismissal until 3:00pm.
PLEASE ALLOW 1 to 2 FULL SCHOOL DAYS FOR PROCESSING!
- You physical must be within the 12 months prior to the application of working papers.
- The physical can be on file in the Health Office or done with your private doctor.
- If your doctor did the physical, he/she must stamp and sign the application form.
- The student MUST be present when picking up the working permit or they will not be released.
It is important for students to keep their documents current to remain employed.
School: (845) 497-4000 x24518
School: (845) 497-4000 x24514
School: (845) 497-4000 x24516
School: (845) 497-4000 x24513
School: (845) 497-4000 x24517
High School, Middle School
School: 845-497-4000 ext. 24512
School: 845-497-4000 ext. 24511
School: (845) 497-4000 x21513